What is an
Internship at GSA?
An internship is an opportunity for a GSA scholar to gain valuable work experience with a GSA partner business, non-profit organization, or government agency. The objective of an internship is to provide the chance for the scholar to observe and gain hands-on experience student to businesses and industries. Scholars gain a firsthand perspective of the skills and commitment required to be successful in a variety of workplaces. The goal of the Internship Program is to increase the scholar’s knowledge of workplace skills while the scholar receives on-the-job experience. The internship is based on the scholar’s personal interests, along with any appropriate cluster/pathway they pursue while studying at GSA.
Scholars are selected for the Internship program based on an application process that can include but is not limited to: virtual and in person conduct, grades, review of school attendance and behavior, year in school (junior or senior year), and completion of the Student Internship Application.
All scholars are free to pursue an internship of his/her choosing. Internships must be approved by the Internship Director in conjunction with a letter of recommendation from 1 or more members of the Green Street faculty or staff. 9th and 10th grade scholars receive secondary consideration for internships based upon the availability of job placements. Juniors and Seniors will receive job placement priority.
Each scholar who intends to secure an internship must apply no later than the designated internship registration deadline.
The scholar intern is expected to comply with the Green Street Academy attendance, uniform, and code of conduct and virtual learning expectations.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- 2020-2021 School year is Business as Usual, corporate partners are recruiting NOW!
- All GSA scholars in grades 9-12 are eligible for internships.
- All GSA internship candidates MUST complete the required forms to apply for internship.
- All internship documents may be found in Mrs. Kelley’s Google Classroom.
- All applicants must have a professional email address for GSA internship application. All unprofessional emails must updated/changed.
- New internship opportunities will be posted daily and weekly.
- The classroom code is psoymj7